Hi, my name is Nick and I am a Canberra wedding photographer and today I bring you my 7 favourite tips for choosing your bridal party.
Choosing your bridal party is one of the most important decisions when preparing for your wedding. They are the friends and family you choose to play a special role in your wedding. They help you arrange the dress, suits, cars, photographer, flowers and much more. On the day of the wedding they help you get ready and they bring you water, beer and wine because you are talking to so many people you can’t make it to the bar.
The bridal party is your support crew. Your pit team. Although your wedding day is obviously about you and your partner, it is nice to also be able to share the day with a few close friends and family. It makes the day even more fun. It is a day you all will remember for many years to come. So when it comes to choosing the bridal party, here are some tips I have taken from happy couples over the years (including my wife and I) :)
- Start with siblings
- Think about how the bridal party will get on together
- Will they be helpful before the wedding and on the day of the wedding?
- Will you still be friends in 10, 20 or 30 years?
- Think twice. Once you ask someone you can’t take it back
- Don’t ask someone just because they asked you
- Pick the people who are special to you without being restricted by tradition. Don’t worry about having the same number of people on either side, or all men on one side and all women on the other. Be different! (see below) These guys and girls had an awesome day together!